Tuesday, July 7, 2009

“Earth Com” An original SciFi series... Keep the vision alive... (Diary of a Renegade)

January 31, 2180

I am writing this journal, a last testament of sorts, and to let the world no that I tried my best to make a difference. My name is Josh Elio. We are at war. It is not a conventional war, but a war with and within our own government. I am a member of the Renegade's third faction. I am a soldier. I have been assigned to the Green squadron. Everything that I have learned as a Global Citizen has been a lie. Yes, it is a bold statement. You are going to have to trust me on this one... You have not seen what I have seen. You have not lived what I have lived through, or become what I was forced to become. The betrayal, mistrust... sons against fathers, daughters against mothers... The foul smell of death seems to follow me.

I was offered a position in the first faction, I’m thinking now maybe I should have taken it. It's hard to make friends, not because people are unfriendly. How do I phrase this? The life expectancy of a third faction soldier, the odds are not in my favor.

I grew up in Quadrant fifteen. That is on the continent that was known at one time as the North American continent. History before the War, I am referring to the Great War, World War III, was erased way before I was born by a company called Earth Com. Stories of what the world was like before the Great War surface from time to time, but I found them hard to believe sometimes. But now, now I have seen the manuscripts with my own eyes.

They tell me I am on a very important mission. We are trying to hold the Globes back. Globes… That is the nickname that we have come to known for the Global Police. They are tough, but not as tough or determined as we are. They say we are going against the Military next… If I had a choice, I would rather just take on the Globes… they are not as well trained as the Military.

February 7, 2180

Our squad leader was killed today. We set our port and are ready to take the wounded and prisoners through, back to our base. Jack found his body. Not to get graphic, but it looked as if a wild animal attacked him. The only thing is, I don't know of any animal that would have claws that… Honestly, I myself would not have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes… What ever killed Jack, it would have had to have claws at least six inches long… sharp as razors. We brought back as much of his body as we could find for burial. What do we tell his family?

February 9, 2180

A young kid, I think his name his name is Allman, has stepped in as squad leader. He tells us Blue Squadron found the transmitters. They haven't told us exactly why they are so important. Apparently they are important enough for more than fifty soldiers to give their lives to get them. God, I hope it was worth it. Rumors are circulating on what they will be used for. Some say that we are trying to contact other races… Right, like there is anyone else in this forsaken universe. I will believe it when I see it. But Jack says he has been to other worlds.

March 25, 2180

I miss my family. Some of the soldiers have brought their families with them. Jade has created an underground… what would you call it? I guess you would call it what it is, housing... Unfortunately my family thinks that I am dead. For their safety, they are better off believing that. Maybe someday I will see them again.

Our medic was sniped off, three more dead. Jack told me that Eric, he is the squad leader of the blue squadron's 1st squad, has found something of great importance and significance. I hope that it is true… We need any advantage that we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment